Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lunch Hour (..and a half)

"Dude, don't turn back immediately, but check out the desi chic sitting in the table behind you"
"The one in black? I am not getting a good look. Is she cute?"
"Was cute when I walked in...don't know now! I only caught the profile, looked pretty. What are you planning to get? Mongolian beef?"
"Naah...I think I might get Orange peel chicken"
"Ok..lets order, probably we might get a better view from the registrar...."
" Can I get the chicken fried rice..spicy...and water..."

Food ordered. Table sighted.

"Dude, I still don't get a view of her..."
"Why are you turning your back towards her..you will never see her..let me get some silverware and hot sauce..I'll be back"
"Thanks for the tip...this seat works better"
"Damn..now I get to face the mens restroom, and turn my back to her"
"Do you wanna change the table...that table would work fine for all 4 of us"
"Nah..its OK..I am desperate...but not that desperate"

"She is kinda cute...do you think she is a FOB"
"Don't think so....she is with 2 white guys and a black lady..she looks kinda ABCD.."
"Hmmmm..I have definitely never seen her before"
"Howz the orange peel chicken...this fried rice sucks"
"Have some hot sauce...will make it better"
"Dude..why are you throwing your peanuts away.."
"There is wayyyy to many in this Pad Thai..."

"Look back...she is leaving..."
"hmmmm.."..turning back to the table, "whats so funny ?"
"Dude..while all 4 of us were gawking at her...the 2 guys with her were looking straight at us..."

"Nice..they have a funny anecdote to tell when they get back to the office.."
"Hey..its OK to stare..the way I look at it is..if the lady smiles back, she acknowledges the compliment...if she grimaces and looks away she is not too happy...but who cares? Nothing wrong in appreciating beauty"

"Yeah ..who cares..you guys ready to leave.."

"Do you wanna stop by that new coffee shop on washington and pick up a Latte..."
"Shouldn't we be getting back to the office..."
"Lets make it quick...we'll take it to go..besides its Monday"
"Ok Lets do it..I have a long day anyways...conference call at 5:00 pm.."


I love lunch-time.

4 comments:

totti said...

sigh..sigh..sigh..you get the drift!

Point 5 said...

@Totti...nope I don't...pls to elaborate

Anonymous said...

hillarious stuff.

Unknown said...

random post :)