Monday, August 08, 2005

Hot Properties

Last thursday, I had been to the filming of the new ABC comedy series "Hot Properties" at their set in the Warner Brother studios in Burbank. Prior to this, I have walked past 2 random documentary shootings in South Pasadena, and a Pontiac commercial shooting in downtown LA. However, this was my first full fledged viewing of a sitcom being televised. The tickets for the audience was free, and hence it needed minimal effort on my friend's part to convince us to be part of the audience for the show.

As per the regulations, we had to land about 90 minutes in advance for the shooting. Burbank is kind of a silver screen capital, with ABC, NBC and Warner Brother studios located within a mile radius. Since we were a little early for the show, we utilised our time constructively by appreciating the beauty (beauties) around. Southern California is truly a haven for such activities, especially the northern LA neighbourhoods like Pasadena, Burbank, Brentwood, Beverly Hills etc. I have always felt that God spent more amount of time sculpting his creations in Southern California than any other part of the country....you just have to see 'em to believe me.

The eventful night started with a gorgeous blonde sitting right by Paul's side. In his regular glib fashion, Paul was at the task. I was sitting awestruck, a seat away, and decided hesitatingly to dive into the conversation. Physical distance coupled with my dearth of talent meant that I ended up contributing more of my ears than voice to the conversation. The blonde however took some pity on my plight, and started exchanging pleasantries with me, as Paul got engaged with another of her friends. The girl was an aspiring migrant from Florida trying to break into some form of theatre in Los Angeles.....if only looks could get you a role, then she should soon be lining our televisions.

Coming back to the show - It was really funny, but with almost 10 takes for each scene, it got a trifle annoying. Ron, the host/stand up comic, did an excellent job of keeping the audience riveted to their seats. He made fun of as many US states and as many countries that existed in the world. However, the show tested on the audience's patience as it tugged along for 4 1/2 hours, and the empty stomachs only compounded people's misery.

....so when the first episode gets televised on some friday night on ABC, you can hear me laugh in the background :). I have already booked tickets for this thursday's show of "Jimmy Kimmel Live", and I am determined to make my first television appearance :)

2 comments:

Anarkist said...

Its more than likely that their plastic surgeons spent more time on them than what you attributed to God.

Point 5 said...

...hmmm that might be true....in that case the plastic surgeon truly did 'God' level job

...but I think the real reason is probably the presence of beaches and the warm climate....since people have to dress in their bare minimum.... they make an extra effort to work out and flaunt....