Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Spaghetti Junction - Los Angeles


Spaghetti Junction - Los Angeles (source Google Maps (satellite image))


I am still not sure which is the most complex freeway interchange in Los Angeles. I have driven through almost all of them, and my winner would be the exchange on 110 & 105 about 10 miles east of LAX. The intersection of 110 and 10 near downtown comes a close second. If you have the Google Earth program installed on your computer, you can get a better view of this jucntion.

I drove on the lowermost tier of this junction (110 south). It was a sight to behold, but the fear of being killed in an accident forced my gaze downwards - towards the road in front of me.

Sometimes it's funny when I start comparing this with the busiest intersection I used to walk by, for the past 2 years - Atherton St & College Ave (probably Atherton & Vairo Blvd) in State College. The contrast between a quaint little college town and a city bustling with 9 million people is just amazing. Each has it's own merits and disadvantages. Things have surely changed a lot......donno whether its for the better or the worse !

1 comment:

totti said...

Nice pic pointy.may be you should also added pic of the N-Atherton road to its side, for sake of contrast??